Float pod or also known as Sensory Deprivation Chamber, is a small black round pod, light proof, soundproof environment heated to the same temperature as the skin. It also has different colored lights emanating from inside. It is just like a typical dipping pool.
The sensory deprivation pod has 10 inches of water and 1,000 pounds of Epsom salt with a high content of magnesium sulfate. It helps you inside the float pod and makes you feel more relaxing.
The primary function is to eliminate all distractions like noises, disturbances, lights, and even external senses as possible.
Standard Float Pod Design and Use
Float pod has been a driven force for further research, technological change, and improves its design due to the technologies influence and the rapid growth of the industry.
The use of float pod is now often commercialized within the modern industry. It has been a great contribution to sports medicine, alternative health, and wellness industry. Currently, its popular resurgence is now experiencing primarily in North America. The Float Pod is designed and used for relaxation. The float tank lowers external factors such as light, and touch among others. The saltwater or also known for Epsom salt, is used to help a person float easily and effortlessly.
When you are in floatation pod, you float partially, your head and your back. You should not be able to touch the walls or even the floors to effectively feel more deeply relaxed and achieve a sense of contentment. A typical session is just about 1 hour, which is actually equivalent to 4 hours of deep sleep.
Is Float Pod Design Safe?
The float pod is designed for safety, especially for the users mostly adults or 16 years of age and above. It is not advisable to undergo floating if you have wounds or after shaving or sunburn, it may irritate your wounds due to high salt concentration.
The following are not recommended to undergo floating if you have any conditions below:
- Psoriasis and eczema
- Skin problems
- Open Wounds
- Low blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Contagious diseases
- Heart conditions
- Skin ulcers
- Sensitivity to chlorine, magnesium or sulfate
Float Pod Process
Through the following easy steps, you will be able to learn the floating experience.
- Arrive at the floatation tank center as early as possible
- Remove all the unnecessary material on your bodies such as earrings and jewelry
- Wash your body first upon entering on float pod
- Enter the tank and close the door carefully
- Gently lie back for easy and effortless floating
- Enjoy floating for an hour
- Get out the tank once your session has finished
- Shower again thoroughly and get dressed
Proven Healthful Benefits
Here are the following benefits that can be derived in floating:
- Improves aesthetic performances
- Speeding the healing injuries process
- Personal discovery and self-realization
- Faster rehab and recovery
- Enhances peaceful relaxation
- Eliminates body pain and aches
- Eliminates fatigue and jetlag
- Improves good sleep
- Promotes mental and emotional well-being
- Relieves anxiety
- Resets body hormonal and metabolic balance
- Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen
- Reduces blood pressure for better health and wellness
- Better problem solving
- Improves mood
- Improves concentration and focus
- Creates mental clarity, deepens meditation and accelerates learning